Exploring The Minnesota Northwood With Children
The Crane Lake Area offers many opportunites for outdoor adventure.
While vacationing in the area, get the kids into the wilderness and
teach them ways to enjoy nature.
- Pack a special lunch and a blanket and find a pretty area to enjoy your meal
- Bring a bird book and start making a life list of birds you see along your hike
- Encourge everyone to stop and listen now and then. What noises do they hear.
Examine the plants and trees. Play I Spy to encourage kids to look around.
- Bring trash bags and teach kids to take care of the wilderness by picking up trash along the way
- Let the kids take pictures from their perspective, create a memory album when you return home