The Crane Lake Area offers many opportunites for outdoor adventure.
While vacationing in the area, get the kids into the wilderness and
teach them ways to enjoy nature.
- Pack a special lunch and a blanket and find a pretty area to enjoy your meal
- Bring a bird book and start making a life list of birds you see along your hike
- Encourge everyone to stop and listen now and then. What noises do they hear.
Examine the plants and trees. Play I Spy to encourage kids to look around.
- Bring trash bags and teach kids to take care of the wilderness by picking up trash along the way
- Let the kids take pictures from their perspective, create a memory album when you return home