Paper Work For Boarder Crossing With Your Kids Friends, Or With Your Child As A Single Parent

Published On: June 21, 20181.7 min read
Share Post

Border security personnel are more vigilant due to the rise in child abductions. It’s best for children to have their own passports, sometimes a birth certificate is not enough.

You should also carry a Child Travel Consent form from the child’s parents or legal guardians that include:

*Address and telephone numbers
*Information about the minor including their name, birthplace and, passport information.
*Allergy and special needs information
*Info about parent or guardian, including custody info, passport details, and legal name or names
*Information about non-traveling parent or guardian, including their contact information
*Travel info, such as destination and dates of travel, including date of return
*Signing info for the person who is giving permission for the child to travel
*Even if you have full custody it is a good idea to get a Travel Consent form from the other parent or guardian. You won’t need this if you have a separation Agreement or court order allowing you to travel with your child without the other parent.
*Get the Travel Consent form notarized, without one you could be delayed or prevented from traveling.
*A child medical consent form is also recommended, this authorizes you to give consent to medical treatments

You can contact the embassy or consulate of the country you intend to visit or check the U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Consular Affairs Website, which lists the travel documents required by many countries.

The Child Travel Consent form allows minors to travel without their parents or legal guardians being present. If you’re asked to provide travel authorization for a child or minor and do not have one, you may be prohibited from continuing to your destination.

Age may play a role, you are more likely to be asked for consent if traveling with a toddler as opposed to a teenager.

Read more: