Looking for something to do in late winter and early spring? Try your hand at finding shed antlers. It's great fun for people who like to get out in nature and enjoy the fresh air.
- Learn the best time to start antler hunting
- Know where the bucks are bedding
- Slow down, it's better to cover half the ground and take your time
- Look within 20 to 30 yards and not further. Keep checking the ground right in front of you
- Wait for the right weather - overcast days are ideal
- Keep working tried and true locations
- Look in areas where the first green forage of spring is popping up. Grass fields, alfalfa plots and forbs are great places to hike (hunt).
- Get the whole family involved, finding shed antlers is exciting and sometimes they are even worth some money!